- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Pre-existing hypercalcemia
- Severe renal impairment
- Metabolic bone diseases (including hyperparathyroidism and Paget’s disease of the bone) other than primary osteoporosis or glucorticoid-induced osteoporosis.
- Unexplained elevations of alkaline phosphatase
- Prior external beam or implant radiation therapy to the skeleton
- Patients with skeletal malignancies or bone metastases should be excluded from treatment with teriparatide.
The most commonly reported adverse reactions in patients treated with FORTEO are nausea, pain in limb, headache and dizziness.
(Please refer to full Forteo PI for more information of adverse reactions)
Last Update: 27 Oct 15